Analyze 3 Facebook Pages by Posts & Shares
Analyze the performance of any three Facebook Pages by their posts and number of shares. Check out this live report that compares between HBO, Netflix and Amazon Videos.
You can easily modify the query to analyze any three Facebook pages, which means that you don't need to be the page administrator - Just pick any page you wish to analyze.
You can publish this report to your PowerBI.com tenant and setup a schedule refresh, or change the paramaters to analyze any page.
- Analyze any three Facebook pages. You don't need to be the administrator of these pages. Just set the page Facebook name (e.g. HBO, as found in https://facebook.com/HBO), and the report will load the page’s posts and shares.
- Identify posts with the highest number of shares.
- Find and analyze the number of shares per page's fan.
- Navigate to the actual posts on Facebook.
- Find the most effective keywords.
- Find the most impactful hour of the day or day of the week to share posts by each page.
- All pictures and title are loaded automatically. No need to customize the report manually.
- Use Microsoft Power BI Desktop to customize the report to meet your needs.
- The report can be configured for a scheduled refresh by Power BI Service. No need to set a gateway.
Unzip the .pbix file, and open it with the latest Power BI Desktop. Explore the current report, that compares the engagement/performance of HBO, Netflix and Amazon Prime Videos Facebook Pages.
To change the report to analyze any other three pages, click Edit Queries, and change the Current Value of First Page, Second Page and Third Page parameters with the three pages' object names from Facebook.
Click Close & Apply, and refresh the report. If this is the first time, you connect to Facebook in Power BI Desktop, click Sign in. Proceed with the Facebook App approval steps, and click OK. When you are back in the Access Facebook dialog, click Connect.
Ready to publish the report, and enjoy an automatic refresh? In this live report, I set a daily scheduled refresh. No need to manually refresh the report.
For automatic scheduled refresh in PowerBI.com, publish the report, and set the highlighted Facebook credentials under Data source credentials (You will simply need to log-in to your Facebook account, and approve Power BI Facebook App).